Sunday, July 22, 2012

Getting Back into the Routine

What a great couple of weeks of training!  I am feeling really good about what I'm doing - mentally and physically.  Saturday's long run (a total of 9.25 miles) went very well.  I ran the first half with the DetermiNation half-marathon training team and then came home and ran/walked the rest on my own.  I've been training with the half-marathon team up until now just so I don't push myself through this recovery period.  Thankfully, I was released from physical therapy care a little over a week ago.  My plan is to train with the half-marathon group again this coming Saturday.  If all goes well, I will train with the marathon group the following week.  I am running all the marathon training miles; I'm just doing some on my own so that I don't push myself too hard by trying to keep up with the group.  I'm very nervous about getting injured again.

My hubby has been my rock - as always.  He's been running a good amount of miles with me!  Last Thursday, he and I took part in an Adventure Race at a local running store.  The DetermiNation team told me about the event, and it was great fun.  It was set up like a scavenger hunt.  You had to run to certain businesses or street corners to collect tickets that you put into a drawing for some really great prizes.  It was a blast.  We hardly noticed that we ran 4.25 miles.  Of course, we didn't win anything; we never win anything.  But it was such a super-fun experience, we already signed up for next month!

Returning to a training routine affects other aspects of my life.  I'm definitely more motivated to get house work and paid work done.  The more quickly I can get them done, the sooner I can get back to stretching, or go for a run, or ride my bike.  My diet has been better since I've been following my training calendar.  I am working hard at getting back into juicing.  I never felt better than when I was working out regularly and juicing 5-6 times per week.  My main problem has been that I'm too lazy to get up and juice each morning.  I'm working on it and I know that I'll get there.  Green juice is the best way for me to start my day and it fuels my body such that I feel like I can do anything.  It's not for everyone; I understand that.  But it works for me.  I have to remember this when I'm dragging my butt up early to peel and juice my veggies before heading off for the day with the girls.

Thank you so much to those of you who have made donations to the American Cancer Society.  I am blown away by your generosity and the supportive and inspirational notes that you shared.  I am so fortunate to be walking through this amazing life with you all.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs,
c.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/cguerra

No comments:

Post a Comment