Friday, January 27, 2012

Reboot Program - Part 2

Today would have been day 7 of the Reboot... if I had to stuck to it.  I had a bad afternoon on Day 5.  I felt totally stressed out, and most of that stress was from the thought of having to prepare the recipes for the rest of the evening.  Then I realized that during my daily food shopping trip, I forgot to get the ingredients for Day 6's breakfast.  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  Hubby had a bad day too.  Before lunch he broke down and had a rice cake with peanut butter on it; he felt like he needed that in order to keep his mind functioning for work purposes.  By the time he got home from work and saw the state I was in, he suggested that we break the fast for the good of our family.  We had salads for dinner with some brown rice and beans.  Yes, brown rice and beans.  Rice cake and peanut butter.  These were our 'cheats' as far as the Reboot went.

I feel like I accomplished what I wanted to pertaining to the Reboot.  I'm getting back into the juicing routine, and I found some new delicious vegan recipes, and green juice and smoothie recipes.  I'm planning to make a file of those recipes that we enjoyed the most, as well as, try some of the recipes that we didn't get to try but sound delicious!

Would I attempt the Reboot again?  Yes and no.  I would attempt the Program again but with a different state of mind.  I would not go into it planning to cook all of the recipes that are listed day-by-day for the Program.  I make plenty of dishes that are vegan and light but require less work than some of the Reboot meals.  Time is of the essence in our family especially during the week when I serve as the taxi driver for M & O, as well as, the homework nazi.

Status on rest of the team:  As far as I know "M" is still going strong.  "A" was out day 4 of the Program. Hubby is with me: back to eating the way we were before Reboot but being more mindful of taking in those empty or almost-empty carbs.  "Am" is loving her new juicer so much that she enjoyed green juice for dinner last night.  "Ma" has filled up his Jersey Mike's frequent diner punch card.

No comments:

Post a Comment