Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Small Step Backwards

I started physical therapy on Friday.  I returned to PT extraordinaire, Lisa, who helped in my healing from the tibia stress fracture last year.  Lisa pulled the rug out from under me, so to speak, when she told me that I need to hold off on the walking program for now.  She said that once my orthotics come in (which could be any day now), I get new running shoes, and I break the orthotics in, THEN I can start a walking program.  The good news is that we briefly discussed the walking program and where I would have to be in order to start to run again and I believe I'm in pretty good shape.  I'm hoping my first run is a couple of weeks away.  In the meantime, Lisa gave me some new stretches and reviewed some old stretches with me.  She did some ultrasound and massage on the plantar fascia of the injured foot to break up some of the scar tissue that has formed from being immobile for the last few weeks.  I return to PT on Friday hopefully with my orthotics and new running shoes!  I'm chomping at the bit to get at it again!  Hope you have a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment