Friday, June 1, 2012

Bootless in Atlanta!

I visited Dr. C. on Wednesday - 6 weeks to the day since he put me in "the boot".  Since my heel is looking good and feeling good, I no longer need to wear the boot!  I was confident and came to the appointment prepared with my other sneaker :)  My custom orthotics should be in next week.  I will have to break them in before I workout or run in them.  I misunderstood what Dr. C. had told me at an earlier appointment.  I will need to be fitted for Neutral running shoes (not minimalist) with the orthotics placed inside of them.  I plan to go over to Big Peach, our local running store, as soon as I pick up my orthotics.  I start physical therapy next Friday.  After that evaluation appointment, I hope to have a better idea of when I can start running again.  I'm itching to put together a new training calendar; I've got big running plans!  In the meantime, the doc gave me the ok to walk and exercise which I did today; it felt great!

Today, I visited my dermatologist for a full body scan.  I have been going annually for the last four years. All spots look normal according to her so she recommended I return in 18 months for the next scan.  She also recommended that I return in the fall for another laser treatment.  I had a couple of treatments done on some scarring that I have from radiation.  She would like to try a different type of treatment to fade the area.  Have you gone for a full body scan?  It doesn't take long and it could save your precious life!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment